Apps. For the longest time I had no clue what that stood for. As a techno phobe I don’t only dislike techie-ness, but am also scared of it.
The robots will rule one day! Hooo!
In small doses I can manage. I was forced to get “with it” because hubby and daughter are techno freaks. I had to educate myself very quickly in order to keep girl spawn safe online.
So, what do I have on my phone that I swear by?
Health and Fitness Apps:
- My Fitness Pal – I record my personal goals, activities, food intake and even how much water I drink on this app. It then works out how long I will take, at the current rate, to reach my target goal.
- Simply Yoga – I use this app because I despise group Yoga classes. It’s ideal because it has three levels: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced for all types of yoginis. The workouts also come in 20, 40 and 60 minute intervals so you can choose how much you want to sweat!
- Period Diary – This app allows me to track my period as I go through peri – menopause. It’s also great for younger women just starting their periods as it allows one to track moods, symptoms, weight and temperature. I find it helpful to warn hubby of impeding mood swings and chocolate runs to the store!
- Pillow – This is a newish app I’ve installed this month. I sleep very poorly and this app helps me pinpoint what influences my quality of sleep each night. It also assists in forming healthy habits, pre-bed.
- Facebook – Of course. Who doesn’t want to be constantly in touch with everyone, all the time?
- Instagram – I’ve recently crossed over to a “business account”. What that means I don’t rightly know, but it does allow me to share brief moments of the processes I use in blogging, quickly and straight to my FB page and Twitter account.
- Pinterest – After I’ve blogged I share to my Pinterest page. It’s also great for searching for ideas for blogging, researching blogposts and getting more readers!
- Snapchat – I downloaded this last week. Aside from the funny faces I can make using the filters, the point of it eludes me.
- Twitter – I use Twitter to stay in touch viz a viz goings on in South Africa. I follow my fave radio hosts and SA pop culture phenoms there. I also engage in political dialogue sometimes.
- WordPress – This app gives me the freedom to collect ideas, draft blogposts and schedule or publish on the go. Win!
- Bloglovin’ – with all the bloggers out there it is hard to find the one’s you may love (or not!). Bloglovin’ is a great platform to read other blogger’s work from all over the world – in one place!
- Pages – A facebook offshoot. I use it to manage my FB page.
- Font Candy – I am no graphic designer or whatnot but this app makes it really easy to create great pics and memes for your blog.
- Ripl – Long before Font Candy, I used this app. It creates still and animated posts you can use to advertise your blog, business or whatever you need.
- BBC – They’re not exactly unbiased, but they do provide an alternative international perspective to the US driven CNN.
- Guardian – Good coverage with minimal bias on a range of topics.
- 702 – My fave! It has radio stations from South Africa and I can listen to Cape Talk, Radio 702, KFM and so much more, whenever I want to!
What do you have on YOUR phone? What are your faves? Lemme know in the comments.
Until next I blog,